From Vincentian Encyclopedia
- For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life (Jn. 3:16)
V. The angel of the Lord announced unto Mary.
R. And she conceived by the Holy Spirit.
- If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask for whatever
- you want and it will be done for you.
- (Jn. 15:7)
- Indeed, the word of God is living and effective, sharper than
- any two-edged sword, penetrating even between soul and spirit,
- joints and marrow, and able to discern reflections and
- thoughts of the heart.
- (Heb. 4:12)
V. Behold the handmaid of the Lord.
R. Be it unto me according to your Word.
- He came to what was his own, but his own people did not accept him.
- But to those who did accept him he gave power to become children
- of God, to those who believe in his name, who were born not by
- natural generation nor by human choice nor by a man's decision
- but of God.
- (Jn. 1:11-13)
V. And the Word was made flesh.
R. And dwelt among us.
- Destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it up.
- Be doers of the word and not hearers only, deluding yourselves.
- (Jas. 1:22)
- My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God
- and act on it.
- (Lk. 8:21).
- Avoid immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside
- the body, but the immoral person sins against his own body.
- Do you not know that your body is a temple of the holy Spirit
- within you, whom you have from God, and that you are not
- your own? For you have been purchased at a price.
- Therefore, glorify God in your body.
- (1 Cor. 6:18-20)
- Do not be yoked with those who are different, with unbelievers.
- For what partnership do righteousness and lawlessness have?
- Or what fellowship does light have with darkness? What accord
- has Christ with Beliar? Or what has a believer in common with
- an unbeliever? What agreement has the temple of God with
- idols? For we are the temple of the living God;
- as God said: "I will live with them and move among them, and
- I will be their God and they shall be my people.
- (2 Cor. 6:14-16)